Followers

Sunday, May 28, 2017

All stitched up

 International Art & Soul, a challenge which has been put together to incorporate any type of craft, paper, wood, flowers, recycling, glass - the world is your oyster :).  Come on over an join us with you artwork :)

Challenge #9 - Stitching (real or faux)



I had so much fun making this card :) :), the background was a large background stamp with a stitching theme which I used with gold ink.  The border was cut with a Desire die.  For the swirls I used a Clarity stamp and blue and gold ink.  I then stitched over some of the swirls with black thread.  The needle and thread die are from X-Cut and the flower dies from Desire.  The flowers were made from the scraps of card base I had left over and finished off with black Pan Pastels and Silver varnish spray.   For the sentiment I double stamped to try and give a shadow effect, have to admit I did not get it quite right but it still looks cool.  To finish off I added the blue buttons so the whole card not only follows the stitching them but also items used in stitching :)

Challenges entered:-

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that you've stitched over the stamped swirls. The needle and thread die is lovely, I haven't seen it before. I haven't any Desire dies but your border is beautiful and I'm tempted. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi