Followers

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Love U

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is a $10 coupon to spend in the store :)

Challenge 267 Theme 

'Anything Goes with DIES'


For my DT creation this week and our theme of AG with DIES I used one of the images from Holiday Bundle Valentine 1 by BBKakes 'Heart'.  With this being a dies challenge I decided to break the heart image apart, I printed 3 copies of the heart and cut out the sections needed which were then stuck on white card, gold mirror card and silver mirror card. I did not want to use the text in the centre of the image but with breaking the image apart and using the sections as templates to cut around this was not an issue.  I embossed the white heart section and then used a Love sentiment die from the Sue Wilson - Shadow Box Collection - Stacked Love (CED9305) and the letter U from Diamond Press Whimsical Alphabet for my text and added some gold Stickles to the arrow shaft.  Next I gold stamped very roughly around the edges of my card base, die cut 2 squares and mounted these on Gold Mirror card and embossed with a heart folder.  Next I die cut 2 hearts from Cherry Lyn Heart to Heart Doily and finally six heart buttons from Trimcraft  Buttons.  I finished off the buttons with white raffia. 

Saying as I had a spare heart from the two big heart die cuts (the bit left over in the centre) I decided to use it for the inside of the card along with the heart border die by Tattered Lace - Adoringly Ornate Edge.  To finish off I hand cut some Gold Mirror Carr and placed behind sections of the border die and used gold stamping in to roughly colour the heart left over piece, lastly I used a gold pen to colour the centre heart.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Holiday Bundle Valentine 1 by BBKakes
  • Dies - Spellbinder Squares, Trimcraft  Buttons, Cherry Lyn Heart to Heart Doily, Tattered Lace - Adoringly Ornate Edge, Diamond Press Whimsical Alphabet, Sue Wilson - Shadow Box Collection - Stacked Love (CED9305)
  • From my Stash -  gold stamping ink, rubber stamp for border, Stickles, white raffia, embossing folders
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-
Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

9 comments:

  1. Wow Jane, this is just so beautiful! I think your LOVE die is one of the Shadow Box Accessories dies from Sue Wilson- Creative Expressions. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, super - that is an absolute beauty :-D xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! this card is stunning. Love the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Love the design and the addition of the arrow with the two hearts is inspiring. Thank you for show casing your creation at OLL challenges. Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a gorgeous card,

    thank you for joining in with the crafty friends challenge, do visit again xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, I love the monochrome look and the way you've decorated the inside too. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge, don't forget you must be a follower to be eligible for prizes. 
    Katrina x
    p.s. I have a giveaway on my blog if you want to join in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever use of dies for this fab card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at OLL.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, I love the stamped background with the dies. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw and we hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello... Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely project. Great use of Dies for our challenge theme. Good luck and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
    [Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi