Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Peace

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.  The prize this month is a $10 coupon to spend in the store :)

Challenge 262 Theme 

'Anything Goes with HOT COLOURS'


How nice to have a change :) I seem to have done so many cards with coloured images that this time when I had to work with a paper pack from Panda Bear I thought I would give a non coloured image card a go - normally I make boxes with paper packs.  This card started off with a different idea and went totally wrong so what you see here is a no planning, go with the flow and I have to admit I rather like the way it turned out.  Although it has a Chinese feel the message of peace is very dear to me with so many troubles in the world at this time.

I used three of the papers from the pack, the border dragon paper I printed twice so I could have a border on each side of my card. For the orange paper I embossed some small flowers with gold embossing powder then distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink Brick Red.  The final paper I used was a pale orange with another dragon on it, I used the whole sheet of paper here but resized it to what was needed for my stamped Peace text.  The edges on this were also distressed.  Finally a rummage in my metal bits bag to find this rather smart silver embellishment with is airbrushed with red, orange and yellow Promarkers and then attached it with gold ribbon.  To finish off three more gold heat embossed flowers with red gems in the centres.

Ingredients:-
  • Paper Pack - Year of the Dragon 8.5 by 11 paper pack available from Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet
  • From my Stash - embossing powders, gold peel off lines, gems, metal embellishment, ribbon and rubber Peace stamp, Tim Holtz distress inks
I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Thanks for looking and hope you have a happy crafting day:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the papers you used for this, especially love the borders down each side. Really sets it off. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi