Followers

Monday, September 21, 2015

Poppy Elf

Morning peeps, how's your day doing :) :) :) Today I am sharing with you a birthday card I have made for my daughter using the image Poppy Elf by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff available from the store in rubber.

To begin with I coloured the image with Polychromos


Next I took some purple card for my base and added a red mat.  I then mounted my image on black, red and purple.  For the black mat of the card I first embossed it and the added some Purple Pan Pastels to highlight some of the embossed texture.  Red organza ribbon, purple lace and a string of pearls were added to form a border at the base of the card.  With these elements of the card ready I turned to die cutting and used the most beautiful poppy die by Memory Box and white card.  The die is really an outline of a poppy so I kept all the cut out pieces from the poppy and coloured them red.  The outline section of the die was then coloured with red where the poppy leaves are and green for the leaves and swirls.  Now for the finishing touches :) with the elements all stuck in place I added a Happy Birthday sentiment and a lovely red bow and finally 4 purple heart gems.

For the inside of the card I used the same colours, the black corner die is from Tattered Lace and called Chantilly Diamond.  Another 3 purple hearts were added and a few red stickles to bring the colours together in this area.

Ingredients:-
  • image - Poppy Elf by Mitzi Sato-Wiuff
  • colouring medium - Polychromos
  • dies - Memory Box Poppy, Tattered Lace Chantilly Diamond and Spellbinders Happy Birthday and Circles
  • from my stash - lace, pearls, organza ribbon, Stickles and gems
Challenges Entered :-


10 comments:

  1. Wow wow amazing colouring Mimi. Just a stunningly vibrant little piece of art.
    {I would love you to take part in my 1,100 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck}. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouw beautiful i love it, and thanks so much for playing along with us at CC&CC.
    Hugs Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card! Love that image - such great colouring. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month. Hope to see you again soon - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ~ I love poppies and I love your color theme. Your coloring work is so pretty. Thanks for sharing in my Fairies & Mermaids challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely bright card for a birthday, thank you for joining our challenge at crafty catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is stunning and I love the colour palette!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at http://thepencilcases.blogspot.co.uk/ for our Brights Challenge!
    hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic. Love the bold colours
    Thanks for sharing with us at crafty ribbons
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!! Love the image, your beautiful coloring, and the inside! Great work - thanks for sharing it with us in the DRS Designs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card. I love your image and colouring. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi