Followers

Sunday, March 15, 2015

SPS - Do Your Own Thing

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase and image from Sweet Pea Stamps and I have chosen to work with the stunning new image in the store - Do Your Own Thing by Lynne Stansbery which is available from the Sweet Pea Store as a digi.  The image comes with the wonderful sentiment too :)

I have really messed up here, it is not like me to not take lots of photos as I am going along but today I only took two and neither one is worth adding to the blog.  I hope you will forgive me:)


For this card I used a very soft pink pearl card base which I cut to my usual 140cm square size then trimmed down so I could incorporate and over the edge lacy top using the Marianne Designs Creatables Anjas Vintage Decoration which I then embossed the section which was not part of the cut out, this formed my first matting layer.  The base layer of my card was covered with pink lace.  I then spent the next 4 hours or so colouring in.  I really did have issues here, should I just colour the background, skin and hair of the dancers and leave the rest uncoloured as this image is so beautifully drawn and shaded or should I colour with something a bit different, I really did not want to do pink.  With having the dark skinned child in the quartet whatever colour used had to work with browns, that left me with turquoise as my first option or maybe yellows which I am not keen on.  I don't think I have coloured anything in peach before so, with fingers and toes crossed, this was the route I took.  Not sure If I really like the outcome but I don't dislike it either hahahaha.  Chocolate brown was used to as the contrasting colour for the flourishes, mount behind the sentiment, bow and Stickles.  I also added two bronze metal butterflies and a sweet wee shoe which sort of looks like a ballet pump.


Ingredients:-
  • Image - Do Your Own Thing by Lynne Stansbery
  • Colouring Medium - Promarkers
  • Dies - Marianne Designs Creatables Anjas Vintage Decoration, Spellbinders Ovals, Scalloped Ovals and Spellbinders Floral Flourishes
  • From my Stash - Stickles, metal butterflies, shoe charm, ribbon and lace
I am entering into the following challenges:-
Thank you for stopping by today and hope you have a happy crafting time ahead of you :) xx

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh how sweet is this!?!?! I just love the coloring on this too! It's so delicate and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever way to us the die - embossing part of it to create a matt. Great work and thanks for sharing this with us at The House That Stamps Built. Sure hope you'll join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Your coloring is lovely! What a delightful card! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! You did a wonderful job coloring this, very soft and pretty. Thanks for sharing at CIO. Hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this image! Great card thanks for joining in at Whoopsi Daisy good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! That sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous mimi.i love the sweet ballerinas and your soft peach colours are beautiful :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a pretty card. Thank you for joining us at TPS.
    Greetings Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, such a beautiful and sweet girly card!! Love the softness to it all. Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi