Followers

Sunday, November 23, 2014

SPS - Zoe

Sweet Pea Stamps

Today is my day to showcase an image from Sweet Pea Stamps for our Featured Artist Week where the whole team are using images from Regan Kubecek.  I have chosen to work with the image Regan Kubecek's Zoe and make a bag for a change.  This image shouted pink and black to me <g>



To begin with I covered a white gift back with some rather scrumptious black snake skin paper.
 Next I coloured the digi with Promarkers
 Promarkers used
 Back to the bag.  I attached some stunning pink and gold trim around the top of the bag.

Next I mounted the digi and cut some hearts using Cherry Lyn's Heart to Heart Doily
To finish off I made a tag using the same heart die and added a sentiment.  Black beads and a gold heart charm were added to the bottom of the heart tag.  Onto the dreaded task of bow tying, something I am far from good at.

And here we are, the finished bag.  My lights are being being a pain and I can't get them right today so I apologies for the red trim which should be pink and the washed out text on the tag grrrrrrrrr.


Ingredients
  • Image -  Regan Kubecek's Zoe
  • Promarkers
  • Dies - Cherry Lyn's Heart to Heart Doily
  • Covering paper, charm, beads, braid and ribbon from my stash
Challenges entered

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag, gorgeous colours and fabulous image, thanks for sharing at Fab;n;Funky this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a transformation. I love the snakeskin paper and the image is very vampish! Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly changed this bag. Love the coloring and the image you used. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great project. Thanks so much for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant project. Thanks for joining us at CFAS.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous gift bag, such a gorgeous image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely bag!!! the gift doesn't matter any more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic altered bag...fabulously Tres Chic....
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Mimi,

    This bag is absolutely stunning my dear. Wow and WOW! I especially love that bg paper (even though I hate snakes) and those hearts--very cool!!! Your colouring is fab as well! Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Pattie's Creations Challenges. I hope you will consider coming back and playing with us again soon. Good luck in the draw.

    Lisa D., PCDC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. WTG Mimi!
    Congrats on your win of 2 images (excluding sets) in Challenge #104 from Pattie's Creations! Make sure you stop in the challenge blog to email Pattie with your image choices within 7 DAYS. Her email info is on the sidebar. Also grab the 'I Won Badge'.
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fab , thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers this month , Fran (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fabulous Mimi! Thanks for sharing your fantastic project in our Not A Card challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month.
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very striking thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafting Cafe Janet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing transformation of that Plain Jane bag! You made it into a work of art! I love the tassel trim, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely project! Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Cafe! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi