Followers

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Busted

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #215

Theme 'Boy'ish' 

The sponsor is StitchyBear Digital Outlet with a 7 image June prize pack. To win main prize you MUST use an Image from our store. Runner up prize for person using none store image is $3 to spend in the StitchyBear Digital Outlet. So everyone can win something ;O).

This week I am working with the digi - Busted by Stitchy Stamps available in the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet.
A dilema hahaha Boyish theme and a Christmas digi, am I in my comfort zone - no, far from it.  I have to admit though I love the challenge of working out my comfort zone, stimulating the old grey matter hahahahaha.  To begin with I coloured the digi, mounted it on black card as I colour on paper and for this creation I needed strength.  So looking forward to getting hold of some decent card to colour on when I return to the UK in a couple of weeks.  The image was then fussy cut.
Once cut, I had a whale of a time embellishing.  Gold Stickles for the dog collar, White Lace Stickles for Santa's furry bits and Ice Stickles for his hairy bits.  The dog also had googlie eyes added too (this seems to be a bit below the held with the language I am using - I do apologise lol)
 Promarkers used to colour the image
Next I used a Winter Tree cutting die from Treasure Box, part of a winter them set I bought a couple of years ago.  The sections were air brushed with Promarkers.
 Once assembled more Stickle play time and to finish off a pre cut star for the top of the tree.
 Now for something new, not made one of these before.  I used Papermania Christmas paper and worked out where to cut to form 3D tabs to stick Santa and the tree on.
 To make the window for the background I used some starry night vellum mounted on card and white peel off line sticker to make the window frame and panes.  A bit of green material for the curtains and a pelmet using the same backing paper to finish off.
 Now you can't have a Christmas tree without a few wee gifts under it so I cut some rectangles out of card, coloured with Promarkers and decorated with glitter pens.  Finally some gold and green twine for a bit more bling.
Once all the elements for the inside of the card were made I assembled them in the locations I wanted and added a couple of die cuts to represent a carpet and also the plays a message can be written later.

OK, so I have a Christmas card but it is not in the least boyish, how do I get around this??????  I covered the front and back of the card with another layer of red card which I embossed with an A4 Embossilicious folder and then made some sports balls - oh dear there I go again lol.  Luckily SCAL had a rugby shaped ball in the library, I think it is an American football but look enough like a tradition old style rugby ball for me to get away with it.  Alas no football so I had to design that, another challenge it itself.  Each ball is about 2cm squared.  6 of each type of ball was cut and I will used these to decorate the front of the card and I hope a good link to the Boy'ish theme of this weeks challenge.
  View of the front of the card
Side view of the card showing the 3D elements in position
Proper view of the inside of the card

Ingredients:-
  • digi - Busted by Stitchy Stamps available in the Stitchy Bear Digital Outlet.
  • dies - Spellbinders Grand Labels 1
  • Tree Die from Treasure Box Designs
  • Promarkers
  • Stickles
  • Material, vellum, peel off stickers, from my stash
I am entering the following challenges

10 comments:

  1. Great Design, just perfect for our challenge over at Completely Christmas this week, thank you so much for joining in with us, it is much appreciated, we do hope you will join us again next week for another fab challenge, and good luck in the draw for this challenge which will be held next Sunday....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, Jane. Love all the detail you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulously fun card. Thank you for playing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Jane, wonderful coloring and lots of details in making the digi pop up......gonna have to give it a try sometime. ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ OSAAT Teamie ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card, love all the details. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly, hope to see you again soon.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol what a funny card, thanks for showing it for paperminutes this week.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun Christmas card. Love the pop up of the images and all the fabulous elements. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon at Holly Jolly. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 14 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT. Thanks also for sharing this for my CHNC challenge 179 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. Great image and I love your tree. Beautiful scene card. Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi