Followers

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Mary Christmas

One of these days my number will be pulled out the hat to win 5 delightful (or dark) Delicious Doodles digis <g>.  I know I am one of those folks that who never wins in raffles, the Lottery etc (no complaints, I have won in life in far more important ways), but I keep trying lol.

I have also decided which type of challenge I like the most and which the least.  I just love colour challenges, absolutely tops, fabulous fun, yep totally ACE.  My least favourite are sketch challenges - I find them so so hard.  So saying that, and being out of my comfort zone a bit to often this week with yellow cards I thought I would add to that and join in a sketch challenge (Passion For Promarkers) - yep glutton for punishment lol.

For this card I used the digi Mother Mary by Teri of Delicious Doodles.  There have been a bunch of cards recently which I see have use dies to make the card shape.  Usually I use my Black Cat to do this but recently I invested in the Spellbinders Grand Caliber so thought I would give it a try.  Rather pleased with the outcome <g>  DP was used for matting along with the white paper with the sentiment, the latter being embossed.  The digi was coloured with Promarkers and and also die cut.  I edge the die cut with Promarker Midnight Blue for contrast and attached to the card with foam tape.  In keep with the sketch I am following I added navy organza ribbon to the left side and a large snowflake to the right bottom.  The snowflake was cut with a die and attacked to the card with silicone so I could create the height, a pearl was added to the centre of the snowflake.

Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Mother Mary by Teri of Delicious Doodles
  • Dies - Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Grand Labels 1 and Labels-20, Impression Obsession Snowflakes
  • Embossalicious Embossing Folder  - Regal Damask 
  • ProMarkers - Midnight Blue, China Blue, Blue Pearl, Almond, Blush, Dusky Pink, Primrose, Tan, Cocoa, Umber, Ice Grey 1 and Blender
  • DP - Papermania - Persimmon Collection
  • Ribbon, pearl and other bits and bobs from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

18 comments:

  1. This is a lovely crisp, calm Christmas card that really does convey the true spirit of Christmas Treasure. I really like it very much indeed. So pleased to see how much you are enjoying your new Spellbinder .... what a good job you were able to convince airport security that it is a tool of your trade and not an offensive weapon. xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful and the whole creation speaks of peace.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is so very STUNNING! Wonderful Christmas card! Thank you for joining us at Delicious Doodles Challenges!
    Peace,
    KristyLee
    (DD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful image and card. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mimi, your card is beautiful & just perfect for the Challenge at The Crafting Cafe this month! Thanks for playing & good luck!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mimi you did such an awesome job with the sketch,it looks gorgeous.
    thank you so much for playing along with us over on the PFP challenge blog
    hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card. I love the image you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful. I love that image. Thanks for playing along with Twisted Tuesday! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful Sweetie, i love the image & the colouring is perfect... lovely snowflakes.
    Thank you for playing along in the Stamping Chef challenge, good luck x
    We hope you will join in future challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sweetie, it's me again, I think i said everything in my last comment.
    Thank you for joining in the Crafting Café challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! Thanks for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a beautiful card. Love the image you have used and coloured so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us again at Twisted Tuesday CHallenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely Christmas card with a beautiful image...thanks for playing with Divas by Design's Christmas in August challenge!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully stunning card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING CHEF challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very nice! Great card! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesdays!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi