Followers

Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Walk In My Garden

Had something for a while which really appealed to you when you bought it but then it never really fitted in with anything you do.  This is the case with this card - I bought the .svg cutting file for the card shape last year because I just fell in love with it - so unusual, but I have never really had just the right digi to use with it until last week when I got this beautiful digi from Nicecrane Designs called 'Doll From Japan 2' by Ignacio - just perfect I think <g>

For this card I cut the card shape with my die cutter on plain blue card then sprayed with my Promarkers (a mixture of blues and mauves).  I did modify the cut file as the digi was hidden behind the front bar, so that was cut away. Next I squirted on some Shimmer Mist in blue and purple.  I only wanted a textured background, nothing to fussy as this would distract from the card shape and digi but just adding the sprayed colour was not quite enough, it looked flat.  Light bulb moment - skeleton leaves.  I sprayed the skeleton leaves with the same ProMarker colours I used for the background (and the Japanese Lady) and stuck them along the top of the card.  Next I printed the digi twice so I could separate the lady from her parasol allowing me to create two layers, which once coloured, were reassembled with foam tape for dimension.  The two layer digi was then attached to the card with a double thickness of foam tape to give a further 3D effect to this card.  Out with my compressor again and the ProMarker air brush attachment to colour the flowers, again using the same colours as the background.  I cut the sentiment out of vinyl and stuck on the card - the sentiment is the Kanji symbol for Love.  My every trusted gold paint pen was used for the gold accents.

I was going to publish this card yesterday but ran out of steam so this morning set about the task.  After looking at the card again I really felt it needed more attention.  I don't like cards which you have to write on the back of and this card was one of those, so I decided to create it into a front card overlay by sticking it to another card blank which I made in matching card.  Next I added some butterflies, there was too much dimension stuff going on at the bottom of the card and I needed to carry that around a bit to create balance.  OK so more butterflies on the bottom too but with the one on the top right corner and a couple behind the flowers and fence it worked a treat.  I added pearls to the fence and in between the flowers too - a bit of elegance never goes amiss.  Finally, for a bit of fun I added a colour co-ordinating bee with acetate wings, I wanted it to be one of those things you only see when you look at the card closely.  Right now onto the photos as I am sure I have bored you more than enough <g>


Close up of butterfly
Close-up of bee


Card with front used as overlay and insert created.  Also shows dimension of the card which I love.

Ingredients:-
  • Blue card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - 'Doll From Japan 2' from Nicecrane Designs
  • Card shape cutting file - RCARR_444BendyCard from CraftsUPrint
  • Dies - Cherry Lyn Mimi Butterflies and Elizabeth Craft Designs Bees
  • ProMarkers - Prussian, Denim Blue, Pastel Blue, Orchid, Bluebell, Ivory, Almond, Vanilla and Blender
  • Liquid Pearls - lilac and pale blue
  • Flowers, pearls, vinyl etc. from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, what a stunning digi and you have really done it justice with the wonderful work you have put into creating this amazingly beautiful card. I loved reading about how your design 'evolved' - how often do we walk away from something and when we go back to it we 'see' the answers to making 'something special' into 'something spectacular'. Those butterflies are gorgeous and I lonlhad fun playing 'find the bee' - I did find it only to realize that you had photographed it as I scrolled down my screen - (see, I do read every word you write) Methinks you derived a lot of pleasure in making this card - your enjoyment shines through in the finished creation xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work yours, Jane, love the dimension on thie one,,,,,waht a creative idea,,and the butterly and bee are so funny details,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You used my dolls from Japan,,,,,,perfectly,,,,,,.Love this japànese card,and all over the fantanstic 3D effect,,,,,on the garden,,,,,,,very well done Jane. wow,wwwwwpow,wowwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic, a truly beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, lush, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done, and I love your details. Thanks for playing along with us over at TIOT Create a Scene challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card, just love the colours. Thank you for joining us over at LEJ Designs, good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this is just so pretty, love all the dimension, a very magical card and so perfect for our challenge, something new barely used and something absolutely new, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a feeling of elegance with your dimensional card for the craft-room challenge :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mimi, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is fab. The dimension is and shape of your card is really amazing. Thanks for joining in with our "fave colour combo" challenge at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mimi, your card is stunning. I love the colors and that image is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along in our Not a Square challenge at Creative Craft Challenges. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card, it's beautiful and elegant. Thank you for sharing it with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my- this is just fabulous, Gorgeous and Amazing- all wrapped up in one!!! I have looked at it and read thru the post again and again! Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi