Followers

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Yellow Roses

What a naughty person I have been today, I'm sitting at home with quite a few jobs to do and waiting for the washing machine man to appear.  Alas, he has not turned up and it is almost 3 p.m. - how typical is that grrrrrrrr.  As for the the jobs, they have all fallen by the way side as I fancied making a card - yep I wonder how many of us have done the same :)

I thought I would make a easel card for the Digi Darla challenge this week and also combine it with the I ♥ ProMarkers who have a colour challenge on the go (got to be quick it closes in about 3 hours lol).  Having just got some new Spellbinder dies, and only having made easel cards using a die cutter before I thought I would give the Circle Grand Nestabilites a try instead and I am really pleased with the outcome .

I designed the patterned DP which was cut with Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Scallop Circles along with the yellow layer.  The digi is  Rose Bouquet with Cutout by Digi Darla.  After adding a sentiment to the digi, I over-layed it on the DP and printed.   Two further copies of the digi were also printed.  After colouring with Promarkers I  fussy cut and attach the middle layer with foam tape and the top layer of one rose and sentiment area also attached with foam tape.  The butterflies were cut with yellow and black card using Cherry Lyn Designs Mimi Butterflies.  To finish off I use Spellbinders Ornamental Tag 1 on white paper and coloured with Promarker Cool Aqua to match the top sentiment.


Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi -  Rose Bouquet with Cutout by Digi Darla.
  • Dies -  Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Scallop Circles, Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Scallop Circles, Spellbinder Ornamental Tag 1 and Cherry Lyn Designs Mimi Butterflies
  • Promarkers for colouring digi and label - Cool Aqua, Lusg Green, Green, Pear Green, Leaf Green, Gold, Yellow, Buttercup, Cool Gray 5, Cool Gray 3, Cool Gray 1 and Black
  • Perfect Pearls
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-


16 comments:

  1. Mimi, your card is beautiful. I love the flowers and butterflies. Great take on the Digi Darla challenge this week. Thanks for playing.

    Emily, DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi,GORGEOUS, just gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so lovely & elegant! Beautiful! Don't you hate waiting for these guys to show up? I wish I had a job where I could say...I'll be there between 9:00 and 4:00..sigh..

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and a fab take on the sketch.

    Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just popping back to say thanks for joining Di's Digi Designs Challenge this time.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card mimi ,love how you interpreted the pic.
    Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers and good luck
    Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beauiful...Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge this fortnight.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card. I love the image, beautiful colouring and gorgeous detailing too.
    Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, pretty card Treasure ..... and what a constructive way to spend that 'waiting in' time ..... bet it helped to keep your stress levels down. Obviously this card is not for me in the future .... :-) you make 'loved one's' cards so very personal to each of us and you know I don't like yellow .... my roses are all pink and white!!!! Roses, butterflies and such a lovely card cut though do make this card very striking and appealing so well done you xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! I too am guilty of the 'pushing chores aside' but hey, we all need to nurture our creative sole and not feel guilty about it, right?
    Thanks for playing along at the Digi Darla Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just lovely. I really like the yellow and blue/aqua together, it makes it all pop. Gorgeous coloring of a gorgeous image. I love all the pretty butterflies and die cuts you used. Thanks so much for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful creation, gorgeous colours...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow this a gorgeous little piece of art. So love those little butterflies and the circular easel design.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shaped card gorgeous colours lovely take on the Layers chall theme ..

    Thanks for sharing at AGOAC this wk.

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You do lovely work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi