Followers

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Teachers - an inspiration!!

Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #174

Theme ' Anything Goes'

The sponsor this week is StitchyBear Digi Outlet with the set of digi images the DT used in Challenge #172   

This week I had to choose for Ali and me from Panda Bear Designs, the final choice was the Education Stations 8.5 by 11 paper pack available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.

Having been a teacher in the past to kids aged 9 to 13 in the UK I always felt the subject matter taught was on no use unless the teacher was passionate about what they did and this passion came across during the lesson.  I wonder how many of us can name all the teachers who have played such an important part of our lives, of making us who we are today.  I can recall a few teachers, many came and went and left no impression and of those I remember there are only a couple who I can honestly say gave me their gift of passion for something.  The others I had better not talk about as the memories are very negative!!!!!  Whenever I return home and head out about town I seem to bump into an old pupil of mine even though I left the profession about 8 years ago now.  The kids come up to me and say "Are you Mrs. Bradshaw, you used to teach me" etc.  I guess if they come to speak to me and generally have a laugh and a hug it means I was the sort of teacher who tended the heart and helped shape the positive aspects of the child's character, as we all know, without confidence and self worth no amount of academic ability is of any use.  And so from those beliefs I came up with the sentiment for this card - To teach is to inspire, and you inspire me ......


Ingredients:-
  • Card blank from Hobby Craft
  •  Education Stations 8.5 by 11 paper pack by Panda Bear Desings
  • Digi which I drew
  • Spectrum Nior colours - CR11, BT9, BGR3, GB5, TN2, EB2 and Blender
  • We R Memory Keepers Faux stitching wheel
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous and I adore the vibrant colouring. Any teacher would be honoured to receive this.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card in happy colours. So true abot teachers - I remember quite a few of mine with fondness. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. True about teachers, we have friends and when ever we go out to eat there is almost always a student they run into. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such true words spoken there. I remember a few of mine with fondness and sadly, the one or two evil ones. Thank you for your kind words on my blog too.

    By the way, a great and colourful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thank you for sharing with glitter n sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card. Love your use of the theme: clean and simple . Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Hugs Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did post a comment on this card yesterday, honest I did, but I don't think I hit publish - just a thought that went through my mind in the wee hours of this morning so I just had to check :-) I'm sure that some teacher will be very touched to receive this card ..... what better gift can a teacher receive than to have a student acknowledge all their teacher's hard work, dedication and passion. Apples, once eaten, are forgotten .... the words on this card will stay with the recipient for a long, long time. Well done you xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute card!!! Love the bold colors.

    Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi