Followers

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summertime Blues

I had such a lovely surprise this week when I found I had won 4 digis from 'Sandie's Samples'.  Sandi has some absolutely beautiful digi's so why not pop on over and have a look at her fab creations.  One of the digis I chose was Lady Kathleen, isn't she just divine :)  Thank you Sandi.

For this card I used DP by Papermania, from their Aqua Paper Pack and navy wrapping paper.  The card for the front window area is baby blue hammer.  I covered the card with the Papermania  paper both inside and out then had to put my thinking cap on for the Hammer Blue section.  A couple of months ago I got my Spellbinder cutter and some dies so am very much a learner in this area.  Easy enough just cutting the dies but using the system to build a card shape is a bit more challenging.  I used Marianne Designs Anjas Vintage Decoration for the sides.  When I bought this die I assumed it cut the whole shape so was rather baffled when it left the long straight side uncut.  OK - not a die which is just used to cut a shape, this one is for creating shaped cards too.  I used the die twice, the fist time to the left of the centre square area then to the right so I could fold the sections inwards to give the impression of a door or ornamental gate.  Must admit, I love the outcome but it was difficult to photograph lol.
I printed the digi twice on white paper and coloured one with Promarkers, the other I cut out and used to black out the coloured digi so I could use my spray gun with Tea Green Promarker to create a mottled background which would match the rest of the card. and gold paint, added blue Liquid Pearls, blue and gold flowers and a gold heart to finish off.  Gold line stickers were used to create the metallic division between the four layers of this card.


 Close up of the flowers I added.
 Close up on the digi coloured with Promarkers
Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card and Baby Blue Hammer card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Lady Kathleen by Sandi's Samples
  • DP - Papermania Aqua Blue Pack, navy wrapping paper and blue paper
  • Die - Marianne Designs Anjas Vintage
  • Promarkers - Midnight Blue, China Blue, Cornflower, Tea Green, Gold, Tulip Yellow, Pastel Yellow, Dusky Pink, Blush, Ivory, Cocoa, Tan.
  • Gold Paint, Pale Blue Liquid Pearls, flowers and heart from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

10 comments:

  1. Great card, Mimi! Fab use of die cuts, gorgeous colouring and pretty embellishments!
    Thanks for joining in with my theme this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a simply stunning card, so elegant and I love the way you have used the die. On the left (I think) side it looks like a wrought iron trellis ..... just what the well to do Edwardian lady would want in her garden. Can't you just see yourself taking a walk through your garden, hat and parasol to protect you from the sun's rays :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooooh! beautiful shading and a wonderful card. Gorgeous and very feminine, Mimi! I am your newest google and bloglovin' follower! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the design & details. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at JIC!
    Cindye(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with JIC (Sian DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card for our Summertimes Blues challenge at Passion for Promarkers, thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card - such an elegant image and design! Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card. Love your interpretation on the Inspirational photo. Thank you for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenge this week. Hugs Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have to say what a gorgeous card this is. LOVE the image you have used and coloured so perfectly and fabulous use of die cuts and layout. No wonder you were in the top 5 at PFP this week. Well done!!!!!!
    Eileen PFP DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi