Followers

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Patriotic Bear

Happy 4th of July to all my USA pals <g>

For my card I used a digi from Digi Darla called Patriotic Bear.  The digi has a white background inside the frame so I cut this out and used a photo I took of the sky instead.  The bear was decoupaged, base layer on card background, full bear for second layer and arms and feet for the top layer.  The white background of the card was embossed with Spellbinders Basket Weave embossing folder.  For the flowers I mixed and matched with dies from two different companies.  To finish off I used Liquid Pearls for the flower centres and Gold Stickles for the stars.


Ingredients:-
  • Card Blank from Hobby Craft
  • Digi - Patriotic Bear by Digi Darla
  • Coloured paper printed by me
  • Embossing folder - Spellbinders Basket Weave
  • Dies - IO DIE047-J and Marianne Creatables LRD106
  • Stickles from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

9 comments:

  1. What a striking American Independence Day card - I love the sky background which is so appropriate as our American friends do have the ethos of 'reaching for the sky' .... hope you enjoy your holiday all American Crafters. The flowers are beautiful and I can see how much you are going to enjoy the Perfect Pearls you have acquired on this trip back to the UK. Oh Jane, one of these days you are going to meet a fellow crafter customs officer and between you the whole customs system will grind to a halt as you and the official discuss the delicious supplies you have packed :-) It may be American Independence Day but to us it is our Mum's birthday and you have marked her day with the most spectacular card you posted here last month .... she's going to be thrilled, appreciative and so proud of you, all in equal measure. You are so generous in how you share your amazing talents so generously Treasure - just hope you know how much you are loved and appreciated xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little bear! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
    -Adina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card! Those blooms are adorable and loving the glittery starts! Mahalo for playing with us at Kitty Bee Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done, I love that saluting bear! Mahalo plenty for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs' Aloha Friday Challenges!!

    lovies, =o) kel
    Kitty Bee Designs DT Coordinator
    http://scrap-photograffs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using the photo of the sky for the background is a brilliant idea and raises the image portion of this card to a whole new level. The mix of the dies for the stacked flowers also works beautifully and adds a lot of energy to the design. Great texture with the embossed white piece. I love every detail and the bear makes me smile. Thanks for joining us for our Red, White & Blue challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORABLE! Fantastic coloring!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card...
    Thanks for sharing it with us at PTT...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card, I love the layout you used on this! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely creation and that bear is too cute! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi