Followers

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Muse in Blue


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #171

Theme ' More than One Fold' (cards or papers)

The sponsor for this weeks challenge is Creative Craftworld with 3 x Promarkers To win our main prize you MUST use an image that's available in StitchyBear Digi Outlet by any of our creators.. Remember to put a # after your name so we can find you easily. Occasionally we catch ones from our store but just incase please add # after your name. you can still enter with a none StitchyBear Digi Outlet image but will be entered into a separate draw to win $3 to spend in our store.

This week I had to choose a digi from Ike's Art called Muse 1 which is available from the StitchyBear Digital Outlet.  This was rather a daunting project but once I had got my head around how to do what I envisioned I must admit I had great fun.  The fold sections of the card were cut to form the concertina and the panels which would show were covered in navy angel hair and dark blue embossed vinyl which has a velvet feel to it.  The digi is stunning but did not quite work for my card so to get around the problem of the top of the head being flat I drew a hat which I then covered in blue lace.  With nowhere except the back of the card for a sentiment I created a tag which I attached with a string of pearls, the front of the tag has the birthday sentiment and the back a place to write your own words.  The tag then tucks inside the card.  The digi was coloured with Promarkers but while writing this I am several thousand miles from my bit of paper which I recorded the ones I used :)  I think I used Pastel Blue, Chine Blue and Midnight Blue.  The colouring was done using the Letraset air brush system using ProMarkers.  A metal heart is hidden behind the digi, it can just be seen on the second photo.

Recipe:-
  • Blue Hammer card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Muse 1 by Ike's Art
  • Die for sentiment which designed and cut on my Black Cat
  • Floral embellishments, feathers, lace, vinyl are all from my stash
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

8 comments:

  1. Oh so elegant....I love the hat which I would wear myself for a special occasion and I would feel very smart .... can you recreate it to fit my head please :-) you can even use the feathers ....might just be the cure to my phobia :-) Pearls to attach the sentiment to a challenging card cut ...... brilliant idea and oh so fitting to the theme of this card. Jane, you continue to amaze me with your never ending creative ideas and skills ...... now, how many sleeps before I have the excitement of seeing your next wonderful card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited earlier but your card wasn't here! Maybe I was just too quick - anyway, I'm so glad to see it here now, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm not keen on blue usually but this is striking. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amezing card. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Crafting Journey! Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness - this is soooo stunning !!! Totally elegant and I just adore the hat. Fantastic idea :-) Maybe I should re-do her with a round head ???!!!
    Thanks for making one of my digis so beautiful :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, such a cool and stylish card! Love the wonderful accents you've given her hat! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for re-linking at Card Crafter's Circle! Love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hat! This is a lovely card - thanks so much for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle (again!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi