Followers

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Heavy Metal

Ahhhhhh - a day to do some crafting and vanish into my little world of paper, glue and scissors <g>

I do so love Delicious Doodles digis and often enter their challenge, so today, I have created a card for their Heavy Metal challenge, a bit of fun and very much a challenge:)

Two other challenges I found which I wanted to enter, Bloggers and Polka Doodles required you to make you own background paper.  Time to get messy and see what I could come up with.  Being in the UK at the moment on holiday I don't have many of my crafty items around so I really need to think outside the box to do this.  First I printed the gray background and then I used  a silver metallic paint marker which I have with me. This was dabbed on a plastic bag which I then put my hand inside and paint side down dabbed and rubbed it over the gray paper I had printed.  Rather like the effect, and it really was a bit of fun to do.
 



Next I fussy cut two of the same digi by Delicious Doodles called Celtic Frame 1.  I cut one of the digi images so I could entwine them, giving the imperssion they are united (this is a Silver Wedding Anniversary card so after 25 years the wonderful couple must be two halves of the whole <g>).


The digi's were fussy cut and mounted with foam tape for added dimension.  I printed the sentiment on the top right on the background paper and the lower sentiment on a separate piece of paper which was also mounted with foam tape.  The hearts were created with the die from Joy Crafts called Heart. A bit of lace was used under the bottom sentiment layer and to finish, a heart button also painted with the silver paint and my latest acquisition - Perfect Pearls (know I am going to be using these a lot!!!).


Ingredients:-
  • Card blank from Hobby Craft
  • Digi - Delicious Doodles called Celtic Frame 1
  • Backing paper - gray printed paper with silver paint pen (please see above for what I did)
  • Die - Joy Crafts called Heart
  • Lace, button and silver paint pen from my stash
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - love the idea with the silver and plastic - very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! An amazing technique, Mimi! Thanks for photographing the details as a tutorial - I had never considered doing something like that. I especially like the interlocking, woven rings circling the hearts. Lovely! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful wedding card, love the background! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fab - This is so classy. LUV it :-D
    IKE xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Mimi, love how you have used our DD image, thanks for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck, and as you have used a DD image, you can enter a 2nd time, using your blog address, not this post...and put 2nd entry using DD image in the comment...good luck hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty card, love the detail! Thanks for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well of “heavy metal”. Fab tutorial. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a lovely card and thanks for sharing with at CRAFT in our Wedding and Anniversary Challenge ps thanks for the tip with the marker will try

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what an amazing card ..... beautiful, classy, elegant and oh so appropriate for a silver wedding anniversary ..... just amazing. I love the photos you have posted to show the techniques you created with the limited supplies you have here in .... the UK. Thinking 'outside the box' has always been one of your talents and you have really shown that an impressive card can be made with a few ingredients. What inspiration for a new card crafter. How you have developed your skills - from amateur card maker to Creative Team designer, to making and selling your backing paper/digi stamp packs ...... now, perhaps you could add Creative Tutor to your development CV. :-) xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card for a special couple. I know they will treasure this in the years to come. Love the "thinking outside the box" :)Thank you for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles this week

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a smashing idea !

    tiggertastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi