Followers

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Copy Cat Mouse

Oh dear, no plan to make cards today but somehow I found myself in my craft room yet again :).  This weeks challenge over at Digi Darla is rather an interesting one, not only are they giving you a free digi of a mouse and flower but they are also challenging you to copy one of the card the DT has made.  Could I resist - NO lol.

Here is my entry into the challenge
I chose to use the DT card by Julie, just loved the blue and brown colour scheme <g>.  My personal challenge was to see just how close to Julie's card I could get to. Not having the design papers Julie used I made my own using Illustrator and to as Julie had used paper with glitter on it I spent a good half hour using Stickles on my to try to get the same effect. I also don't have the Spellbinder die that Julie used but do have the scalloped circles - close enough.  Why I don't have the regular sized circle dies I have no idea, think I need to put them on my shopping list as I can see so many uses for them.  I used ProMarkers to colour the digi and as Julie had made the centre of her flower glittery I had to do the same :)  I used Holographic embossing powder to do this. Next the brads, no don't have any with spots so used plain brown brads and used a white paint pen to add my own dots.  Bisque Liquid Pearls was the nearest thing I had to match Julie's pearls so they had to do.  I must admit, even though I had great fun with this card and enjoyed the challenge of trying to match items up as closely as I could I do feel rather bad copying, anyway, Julie, I hope you feel I have done your wonderful card justice with this 'copy cat' card.

Here is Julie's card which I copied, you can see her wonderful work on her blog 'Julies Crafty Creations'
Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - 'A Smile and a Flower Please' by Digi Darla and available this week on their blog if you use it to enter their challenge
  • Digital papers by me, designed on Illustrator
  • ProMarkers - Cool Aqua, Apple, Sandstone, Cocoa and Blender
  • Dies - Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scallop Circle
  • Brads, Gold Ice Stickles and Bisque Liquid Pearls 
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

10 comments:

  1. Wow what a lovely card! I think you did a great job of copying Julie's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very flattered that you chose to copy my card, I am so glad I inspired you, you've done a fantastic job on your card,thank you very much for providing a link to my blog on your post :-)
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mimi! Oh my goodness! Your card is fabulous! What a great job of casing Julie's card! Just love it! I love mouse stamps, too! Thanks for joining us this week at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT
    TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting challenge, and big complement, to copy someone else's lovingly made card. I didn't know you could be so disciplined treasure :-) but you rose to the challenge admirably and I'm very impressed at how you used your creative nature to get round the materials you don't have in Saudi rather than straying from the brief and making substitutions. Reading the comments above, Julie seems pleased with the result and I must say I had to look carefully to spot the differences. Well done you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for joining at Creative Craft Challenges: Blue and Brown
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how very sweet, it just makes you smile.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Fiona DT
    Through the purple haze

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH I love this and you copied Julie's card so great!! What a FLATTERING thing to do. :) Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Loving that pattern paper!

    Thanks for Joining in fun at Through the Purple Haze

    Tanja DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Love the way you copied Julie's card!
    Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla’s

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mimi what a fantastic card ! Many thanks for joining us at Through the purple Haze Challenges this week..many thanks Anita DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi