Followers

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Cat Lady


Hello folks.  We have another challenge at One Stitch At A Time so how about popping over to see all the fabulous creations by the design team.

Challenge #172

Theme ' Use A Digi'

The sponsor this week is StitchyBear Digi Outlet with a prize of all the images the DT used in challenge #170.  To win this prize you must use a digi or paper pack from the StitchyBear store.  If the winner does not use a StitchyBear product a $3 voucher to be spent in the store will be give.

It was Ali (my team partner's) turn to choose a digi for us to use in this challenge.  I have to admit, it is really interesting having somebody else choosing the digi for one to use, it really makes you work outside the box.  Ali chose 'Cat Lady' by Pookie Designs available from the StitchyBear Digi Outlet.  When I saw the digi Ali had picked I came across a real blank, I had no idea how to use this digi effectively apart from the ususal which I don't tend to do often.  Sitting at my craft table I had a small piece of the most amazing paper which I picked up in Thailand several years ago.  It is so special I don't use it often :).  Having just finished an order for a friend for money wallets which I had used this paper for the decision was made to also use it for this card and I do love red and black together.  I used gold twine for the lead and added diamond crystals on the cat's collar.  The lady's earrings are pearls.

Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - 'Cat Lady' by Pookie Designs
  • Sentiment by me
  • Paper, glitter ferns and flowers, ribbon for bow, gems and pearls from my stash.
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-

12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning card .... A good reason to return to Thailand just to replenish the stock of incredible papers you got there :-) Oh that I could be so elegant walking my boys in their diamond encrusted collars and golden leashes ......can you just imagine what Leo and Edward would make of that ...doesn't bear thinking about but I am having a good chuckle to myself. Perhaps we just don't have the right 'attitude'. Anyway, love this card Treasure but the Millie birthday card you made me is much more my style :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE this-such gorgeous textures. The chain and earring are fab and what stunning paper. I would probably be blank if somebody gave me a digi to use but you have really done a fabulous job with this-a piece of art! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking card in beautiful colours. I love this image and used it a short while ago myself. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is just fantastic! Very cool card.

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful coloring & paper stash. Like the embellishment, gold sparkle & texture. I have a piece of paper my daughter bought for me at an art store near her apt where she is a sr in college and I like the paper so much I've only used a small piece of it.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the rich colours, and your colouring is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such a striking and stunning card, love all the drama and glamour of the red black and gold! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational, please come back and play along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sentiment! Perfect image with it--and you've colored it beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow stunning card. Love how you have used our inspirational challenge and drawn on the fabulous colours for your card. Lovely work. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational this week and we hope to see you back soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stunning. Your colouring is amazing! THanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the deep colours you have used,
    Thanks for sharing with us at crafty friends
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi