Followers

Monday, July 29, 2013

Birthday Candle and Card Set

I was asked to make a card and candle set for a friend's birthday.  I know she is not looking at this blog so can post it without her seeing it:)  Vicki is mad about butterflies so of course the card had to have them on and being into dimensional cards at the moment I have really gone over the top with this one.  Thankfully, it fits into a regular envelope so no need for a box which is just as well as I don't have any and they are not available in Saudi lol.


The inside of the card contains the requested greeting and I used the image from the card and candle here too which I think has really given the finishing touch.


To give the candle a bit of an antique look I have finished off by dabbing special candle safe gold dust then rubbed it in with some kitchen towel.  I am not sure how much I like this, when I look at it sometimes I don't and other times I do.  Hopefully VIcki will like it.  The same gold dust was added at the base of the candle in a thick layer to form a border and I finished off with some candle varnish to protect the creation.


Card Ingredients:-
  • White Linen card from Craft Creations
  • Digi - Rite of Spring by Mitzi Sato Wiuff
  • Dies - Spellbinder - Les Papillions 2
  • Silver glitter card which I air brushed with ProMarker French Navy 
  • Gold tulle 
Candle Ingredients
  • Candle from IKEA
  • Digi - Rite of Spring by Mitzi Sato Wiuff
  • Gold powder specially formulated to be safe to use on candles 
  • Candle varnish
I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:-

13 comments:

  1. I think your set is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for your kind comment on my latest blog card. Can I ask you to thank Ingrid for me please? I don't think I have any way of thanking her for her kind message. I could add a reply to my blog but I don't think she would see it. So many people help to get me through these awful days when it just hits me all over again. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo, what an exotic card and candle set, an Eastern Princess surrounded by a wealth of beauty. Stunning butterflies, and lots of gold. I wish we could see vicki's face when she receives this set but it would not suprise me if we heard her gasps of amazement at your talent in creating such a lovely gift and card. The gold dust really enhances the candle, both in aging it and in giving the illusion of wealth. Love you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW!! Stunning card....I LOVE it....Wow!! at a loss dfor words...this is gasp....beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card and Candle, Vicky is sure to love it, well done, thank you for sharing with us at Creative Craft Challenges2, this fortnight, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps thank you for your kind comments on my blog, regarding using your image and papers, they are gorgeous Mimi, and I love using them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card it is ! Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionista Challenge this Week

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Mimi, this Card and Candle Set are STUNNING! Your design and coloring are gorgeous! Good luck in the challenge and we hope to see you for our next challenge!

    ~Amy~
    DT- Craft Your Passion
    lilcutiecreations.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Mimi! This is BEYOND gorgeous! Wonderful design, and fabulous bling in your butterflies. The candle is beautiful. The richness of the gold dust REALLY is outstanding. I just love what you have made, and feel oh-so-inspired by your incredible project! Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of us. I miss you on Paper Playful. Hope all is well. big hugs, Donna {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Card & Candle Set love all the butterflies so pretty. Thanks for entering our 3D It Challenge this week..Denise ~ Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning. I love the choice of colours and both the card and candle have a real look of luxury about them. I am sure Vicki will love them. Thanks for joining in at Fab N Funky
    Alli x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and candle! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge this month!
    Claire xx
    CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both the card and the candle are so beautiful. I love the gorgeous colour palette and the addition of the sparkle. What a lovely gift! Thanks for joining our 3-D It challenge at Craft your Passion challenges this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I'm lost for words, but I'll try to regain myself! These are just so beautiful. The colours are exquisite and the image is stunning. I love the butterflies and your candle looks very professional. A fantastic set, Mimi.

    Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week. We have a great new challenge launching tomorrow - be sure to stop by.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi