Followers

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hey!!! Mr. Postman

I have had such an amazing couple of weeks with some fabulous news.   I applied to become a Design Team member for the One Stitch At A Time Challenge blog and was given confirmation that I had been selected with two other applicants to join the already existing fabulous team.  It really is exciting seeing how things are done behind the scene <g>.

So what is my first task as a new DT member?  The challenge is:-

Challenge # 152 - Use a Digi

The Sponsor of this Challenge is OSAAT:

With another fantastic prize.... 1 lucky winner will receive a full set of digi images as used by our DT in challenge #150.... So at least a $20 +

Phew, not too difficult, but then a total brain freeze (think we all know what that is like).  Well, I did apply for this new venture to get myself 'out of the box', which is often where I find myself when creating without a purpose.  After a while I see patterns setting in and can't get away from them.  With the 'brain freeze' it is obvious that I was 'out of the box' :).  Anyway, this is what I came up with - hope you like it.  Now over to you, how about popping over the the OSAAT challenge and joining in . . . . . . .



Rercipe:-
  • used an unusual digital stamp for me by Tami (Gingerloft), called 'Butterfly Letter Collage', available from Stitchy Bear Digital Stamps.  
  • mount cut on my Black Cat
  • with all elements created and cut it was time to assemble.  
  • layers  assembled using foam tape and attached a white ribbon through the mount.  This was then stuck to the card with foam tape so I would have a really three dimensional look. 
  • Finally I added SWALK (got to have Sealed With A Loving Kiss) on the back of an envelope, how cheesy is that (or am I just showing my age <g>), a white organza bow and finished off with Stickles on the butterflies and leaves and an orange gem on the bow.
  • For the inside of the card I designed a paper which had the same lace pattern as the front of the card.
That just about sums it up - hope you like the end product :)

I am entering this card in the following challenges:-

9 comments:

  1. I love the lacy background, it looks very effective. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love that lacy background, and the touch of orange in the butterflies gives a fabulous contrast.

    Welcome to the OSAAT team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your card if fantastic. Love that background and your die cuts

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl Your Sister OSAAT DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your DT selection!
    This is a gorgeous card! I love the colours and how the butterflies pop!

    Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog - Your link isn't quite right as it doesn't bring you right to this post, but I found it anyway!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOps - sorry about that Sheena - can I put it down to a hectic day . Many thanks for the lovely words. Hugs Jane

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love all the slanted layers and the mauve colours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely!
    Thanks for sharing at 365cards!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card in purple. Beautiful butterflies.
    I am not really sure this card can match our "Mother`s Day" challenge theme but I am happy to visit your blog and see your lovely creations.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin`and we hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I do love that lace background too. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi