Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thank You Card


A self indulgence day today and how good it feels to be on annual leave and not have to get up to go to work but instead get to play :) and what better way to play than to make a card for a challenge.

This thank you card uses a digital stamp from StitchyBear - Scent of a Woman, such a beautiful stamp, so emotive.

I have been playing around with the best way to create cards with shaped cut-out tops.  Many I see have the decorative cut out area welded to the whole shape of the card but I find I have to be so precise in lining everything up on my plotter cutter or else I end up cutting directly onto the mat instead of around the edge of the card.  Well, OK, I could make cards with a width less than my A4 card but I don't want to do that.  This time I only created the cut file for the top filigree area, sorted it's placement on the virtual mat and lined up my card on the actual mat.  Fingers crossed this would work!!!!!  Way-hay, brilliant, it worked perfectly, cut beautifully and my mat was in tact too :)  It was easy from this point to cut the excess card from the base of the card to make a 14cm square folded card.  Think this is the way I will be making these types of cards in the future.




Enough waffling on, time to post this.

Challenges entered:-

OSAAT Challenge # 139 - With Thanks

Love to Create - Challenge #41 - Fancy Edges




Thank you OSSAT for my win and to all the DT members who wrote such lovely comments, made today a really special day <g> - excited.com :)


19 comments:

  1. I love this one - it is so delicate and very elegant. Well done Jane and 'good luck' with the competition. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! I love the colors that you used. Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zenita. The colours worked really well together and I am really pleased with the way it all came together. Fingers crossed re the challenge :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous! Love your die cutting and that beautiful image.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josephine, I agree, the 'Scent of a Woman' really is a beautiful image, one of my favourites.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!! I love how you colored her. The lace is gorgeous and the die cut!! Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time!! Good Luck!! I hope we see you again next week!!!

    - Susan, DT @ OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan, am on annual leave for another week so all being well will be playing along next week too. Work so gets in the way of fun at times

      Delete
  5. So beautiful! Love the image, colouring and gorgeous shape to the top of the card. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jill, hey we are almost neighbours When in the UK I live in Berwick upon Tweed in the UK (alas on the wrong side of the border lol) and the rest of the time live in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia - just a stone throw from you in the global way of looking at things :) Many thanks for the kind words re my card. Enjoy the sunshine!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cut detail it looks great, and your colouring is fab, thanks for joining us at love to create, good luck :) Klair xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Klair, hope you have a good crafting day

      Delete
  8. Nice shape and gorgeous lace. Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on this card. I love the design of it. Wonderful coloring. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Love to Create Challenges. Hope to see you again next week...joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look and your positive feedback. . Will be with you next week unless work gets in the way :)

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love that fancy edge you used! Thank you for joining us this week over at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
    Ruza, LTC DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruza, hope you have a happy crafting week at your end :)

      Delete
  11. Congratualations on your win!! I really loved your card!!
    It`s stunning!Your colorchoice and coloring is amazing!

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT
    Hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at OSAAT Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eva for you very kind words regarding my card. Just love Stitchy stamps, there is something very special them and they are such a pleasure to work with. Hope to get a chance to join in with another challenge soon. Jane xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it means a great deal to me. Hoping you have happy crafting days ahead. Hugs Mimi